Double-Sided Six Drawer Console Table

I asked my son to come in from the yard and clean up the den so his mother wouldn’t have to. Do it before we eat, I told him, that way we can throw the ball around after dinner.

Later that night I sat down with the paper. I consulted my wife when I couldn’t find my readers. Check the console table, she said.

I pulled out a drawer and there they were, next to two pawns and a knight, separated from their set. In the next drawer there was one sock, a few marbles and a glass from the kitchen. The third was empty, the fourth held my car keys under some comic books, and the fifth had my pipe, the television remote and the doily that belongs under the side table lamp. I chuckled at my son’s cleaning method.

What’s so funny over there, will you see if my glasses are in there, too? My wife asked. I pulled out the last drawer and there they were, with a frog sitting on top the lenses, probably from our son’s afternoon in the yard. It hopped out into my hand and I passed my wife her glasses.

Such a good boy, he did such a nice job cleaning up in here. You taught him well, she said. Her face scrunched up when she put on her glasses. Oh, there’s a smudge, she said, wiping them off on her blouse.

Italy
c. 1760-80
Walnut
129.5" wide x 24" deep x 31" high
$6200



For Purchasing Inquiries:
312.420.5328