William Morris Inspired Bakhtiari Carpet

All of the women in their sundresses, each a different color, like brilliant flowers blooming, keep to themselves and lift their noses up at the sea of men in the same seersucker suit.

I wander off into a hedge maze and lose myself in the center of the labyrinth. I hear a strange cry and peek around the corner and see a magnificent peacock waving his feathers in a rhythmic motion. The feathers mesmerize a pack of females; a radiant fan of colors unimaginable by man. The male catches me peeping and starts beating his plume in my direction. Rather than be caught in the middle of this bizarre mating ritual, I head back to mine.

Still lost and increasingly frustrated by being so, I manage to push myself through the walls of rose bushes back into the heart of the gathering, but not without bringing some foliage with me. The party looks at me in shock as I stumble back into the crowd. I have leaves in my hair, roses pinned to my jacket and vines around my feet. A walking garden party.

The women begin to meander across the carpet of emerald lawn in my direction. I hold my head high; like that peacock, real men stand out.

Persia
c. 1900
Wool
11' x 13'
$32,000

For Purchasing Inquiries:
312.420.5328